Monday, July 29, 2013

Memories are forever

This past year has seen me writing blogs, making people cry with them, and getting some congrats from some interesting people in the Seattle sports community. But a lot of people don't know of just how this aspiring writer came to be, I didn't become interested in writing until I read my bud Ben Christensen's (@Shakabrodie) blog Hats and Tats. The first one I ever read he did one about the Seattle Mariners and my favorite hat that they wore. Reading his blog and seeing of just how much work he put into it made me want to start writing my own sport blog. 

Before I get into the present I would like to start from the top and basically tell everyone about how this 23 year old became interested in sports and now has dreams of writing for a Washington based team. In 1990 I was born at Madigan Army Hospital and for the first year and a half me and my parents lived in Washington. Mid way through 1991 we moved to California and my very first memory of my life was basically my first day of preschool in 1993. I wasn't the most interactive kid, I spent most of the time by myself and never really played with the other kids. 

1994 saw me and my parents move back to Washington, and I already told this story of how I got into the Mariners but I'm going to tell you guys again. We moved back mid way through March and after only a week my parents enrolled me into school, so you can only imagine just how shy I was and I couldn't make any friends as again I spent most of my recess time alone. Then came April and of course when April arrives that means that baseball is back. It wasn't until the third game of the Mariners season that I began my love for the game and go into sports from that point on, Ken Griffey, Jr., deserve most of that thanks as I watched him hit his first of 40 home runs that year. After the baseball season was over my grandmother got me into my second and third sport....football and basketball. 

Before I got into basketball I had football and the Seattle Seahawks. In 1995, saw me finally become more active in school, it also saw me going to my first Mariners, Seahawks, and Supersonics game and all three first games were winners. From 1996-2000 I played baseball for my elementary school, it wasn't until 2001 that I joined my first fast pitch team but after that year I stopped playing sports for some reason. 2005 I went back to playing baseball and I made my JV high school team. My first year back in sports i batted .349. I continued playing both high school and summer baseball through 2005-2008. 

2008 was a big year for me, I went out for an open try out for the Mariners and by my shock I made the cut. I joined the team for Winter Ball for the team and during that Winter I batted .341 with 10 doubles. Things were going great until one fateful day struck me down. On December 21st in the bottom of the 5th inning I went to go for a fly ball in deep right center field, I jumped to catch the ball and hit the wall hard and this wall didn't have any padding so behind that wall was nothing but bricks. I woke up about 10 minutes later and when I woke up both my legs were in excruciating pain and come to find out that I tore both my hamstrings, so that ended my dream of playing in the big leagues.

Nothing to talk about from 2009-2011. 2012 I met one of my closest friends Alex Larson (@ALarson12thMan) at a Tacoma Rainiers game. Since then we have become amazing friends and we both have dreams to be broadcasters or have our own radio show. We did our own YouTube show and podcast at one point. 

2013 has brought me nothing but success and more friends in sports then ever. Since I started these blogs people on Twitter have supported me and have wished me nothing but luck. I have started my own TalkShoe show thanks to my friend Taylor Gombos (@SeattleSprtsHub). I'm hoping that sometime in the next 6 months I land a writing job. This blog is dedicated to all my followers that support me and provide the encouragement that helps me keep writing towards my dream.

Thank you to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

About Me
Im a huge Seattle sports nut. Thats basically about me. But im an upcoming blogger who writes only about the Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, and when they come back the Sonics. Now if you would like me to write about something tweet me and i will write it. Now i should mark that im also Irish and have a beard that is feared above Brian Wilson's beard. His beard can kiss my beard's ass!