Tuesday, March 19, 2013

No respect for thier uniform



Well, yesterday while watching the Puerto Rico-Dominican Republic World Baseball Classic semifinal game and the only thing that I could just see is the way the DR team disrespected their uniform. What I mean by that is that most of the players hat their hats crooked, their bills weren't bent, and one of the players had his hat offset and crooked. To me the Dominican Republic players don't have respect for the uniform that they wear. Especially Fernando Rodney! When he played for the Detroit Tigers his crooked hat wasn't accepted by Alan Trammel and he told Rodney to put his cap on correctly. Rodney constantly kept his has tilted. It's not just Team DR its other players in the MLB.

If you remember Milton Bradley he played with a straight bill. Felix Hernandez has his hat crooked and I know he's on the Mariners but I don't like it. CC Sabathia has his hat crooked to. Players in baseball seem to be getting worse. Now the visible tattoos, the beards, jewelry, and crooked hats are just becoming of players looking scruffy in baseball. Now the beards yea they are ok the tattoos are ok to but the jewelry that some players wear on the field is getting messed up. I mean Jose Reyes wears a diamond incrusted rosary on the field! Why would anyone wear such a gaudy piece of jewelry on the field? Now the Phiten necklaces are acceptable but the gold chains and the silver ones is just too much. If players want to wear a small cross necklace under their uniform thats fine. But I see a lot of the players wearing 24 karat gold crosses and chains for them.


Going back to when I started playing baseball I was tough that you don't wear any jewelry on the field unless it was a cross under your jersey, you wear your hat correctly and bend the bill, and earrings were not accepted to wear on the field. Now Ken Griffey, Jr., did wear his hat backwards during BP but when the game started he was serious and respected his uniform. The only thing he did wrong was wear an earring when he played. I think that if coaches continue to let their players to wear their hats crooked and not bend the bill and wear gaudy jewelry I think that players are gonna be wearing their hats backwards in games. Joe Madden has said that he likes Rodney the way he wears his hat. If I was the commissioner I would put a rule out that all players should wear their hats correctly, not to wear gaudy jewelry, and to bend their hat bills. I will be writing a letter to the commissioner of the MLB asking him to enforce this action to be taken.

1 comment:

About Me

About Me
Im a huge Seattle sports nut. Thats basically about me. But im an upcoming blogger who writes only about the Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, and when they come back the Sonics. Now if you would like me to write about something tweet me and i will write it. Now i should mark that im also Irish and have a beard that is feared above Brian Wilson's beard. His beard can kiss my beard's ass!