Monday, May 13, 2013

Ryan and Andino have got to go

After Sunday's win Erik Wedge was questioned about both Brendan Ryan poor batting average, which was sunk down to .122. Wedge's response was typical "I just think once we get everybody else going, he'll come along and be better himself," Wedge said. "The difference he makes is real. But he's not the difference between us being a good offensive club and not. That's where people put their focus in the wrong direction." He's not going to be the difference maker [offensively]. The difference maker is everybody else. He needs to be a contributor. But where he's a difference maker is defensively. And when you have players who are difference makers, you keep them. Whether it be offensively, defensively, on the base paths, starting pitching, bullpen, whatever it may be. He's a difference maker defensively. We need everybody else offensively to do their job and for him to be a contributor."

Yeah, you know I really hate to......wait no I don't, Wedge get over your self! Ryan is one of the worst hitters that I have ever seen in baseball. Over Brendan Ryan's career he has batted .292/.223/.248/.194 and of course this year he is batting .122. In his last 6 games he has gone 0-15. Now I have to tell you guys, Robert Andino is no different he's got to go to. Look I don't care that Ryan's career fielding percentage is .927, when you cant hit the broad side of a barn you have no place in the majors. I mean Nick Franklin and Carlos Triunfel have been tearing the cover off the ball in Triple A Tacoma and Wedge continues to make excuses for lack of progress and poor batting. 

I don't know when Franklin or Triunfel will be called up but this is coming from one Mariners fan to another that it has to be soon. If I was to ask 100 Mariners fans if they would like to see Ryan and Andino go and see Franklin and Triunfel called up I bet the at least 70% of the fans will say they want Franklin and Triunfel up. If you look at both Franklin and Triunfel these kids are terrific at the shortstop position and both present power to the lineup as well.

Now this blog gets posted to both my Twitter and Facebook account and this message is to all my followers and friends that read my blog; RT this blog if you agree and favorite to disagree with me. Seriously Wedge has to quit making excuses for Ryan and Andino and do something about the shortstop situation. Now one more thing who would you like batting if the Mariners make the playoffs? The pathetic Brendan Ryan who's only purpose is making Gold Glove plays and being an embarrassment to himself as a major league hitter or Nick Franklin who has a great glove at shortstop and who can hit the ball a mile away?

 Man this is such a tough choice, man I guess I'll take the kid who can play shortstop and hit for power instead of the washed up MLB player. Now this is just a blog so I have no power over what Eric Wedge does, but you know and I know that Brendan Ryan is hitting so bad that by the end of the year (if he plays the rest of the year) will end up with a batting average bellow .100 and Wedge has got to see that if he would like to make the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

About Me
Im a huge Seattle sports nut. Thats basically about me. But im an upcoming blogger who writes only about the Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, and when they come back the Sonics. Now if you would like me to write about something tweet me and i will write it. Now i should mark that im also Irish and have a beard that is feared above Brian Wilson's beard. His beard can kiss my beard's ass!