Monday, April 22, 2013

100th win away from home

Well how bout this its 1:36 AM in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, and I'm getting started on a blog that should've been done by now! Oh well, today has been full of awesome eventful things. For starters tonight was my first ever Major League Baseball game that wasn't at Safeco Field. Yup, I attended a Washington Nationals game and I just have to say Nationals Park is one of the prettiest ballparks ever, but not as pretty as the Safeco. Anyways, you should have seen just all the looks I was getting since I went to a Nationals game wearing a Ken Griffey, Jr., jersey and a Seattle Mariners hat. Now I kinda almost started a fight since I gave some Washington Redskins fans grief as I decided to put on a knee brace and I put on my Russell Wilson jersey and I limped and asked them "Hows that Rookie of the Year doing?". Dick move I know, but I can thank my buddy Alex @ALarson12thMan for giving me that douchebag idea. 

Well I told my blogging buddy Ben (@Shakabrodie) that I would try and getta pic with Gio Gonzalez doing his non-trademark pose Sharking. Now not only did Gio take a pic but he tossed me a baseball to boot. Gio your a great guy and thanks for the baseball to and for taking that pic for me. That wasn't the only highlight in this first visit to Nationals Park, I somehow ran into two, count-em two Mariners fans, but they were in Nationals gear so they were safe from the weird looks. Now that wasn't even remotely awesome as when I found out that these two Mariners fans were UW Huskies and WSU Cougars alumni! How bout that? I mean what the hell are the odds that I would meet up with two Mariners fans that are both alumni's from UW and WSU at my first WASHINGTON Nationals game? THAT'S JUST IRONIC, on a scale of crazy and insane!!!! Well, during the Cardinals batting practice I developed a dislike of Adam Wainwright......and I say that because when I asked very nicely for a baseball he didn't throw it all because I was wearing a Mariners jersey. Talk about being a jackass huh? 

Well, after batting practice I ran into another special person, a runner from this year's Boston Marathon and I shook her hand. So basically my first Nats game was starting off incredibly well. Well, the game began off really well to, and I got to see Anthony Rendon's first major league hit and RBI. The Nats lost 3-2 though but it was still a fun game to watch and afterwards I decided to catch up on the Mariners game by watching the M's game from start to finish. Man I was hoping for win when I kept looking over to the around the majors scoreboard at the Nats game and was hoping that Felix would finally win his 100th major league win and the bats would wake up and provide Felix with decent run support tonight. The game began off on the right track as Justin Smoak singled home Kyle Seager, who singled, and the M's took the early 1-0 lead.

Now Felix went to work on the Astros by only allowing 5 hits, giving up no runs, and striking out 9, marking the 3rd time this year that Felix has struck out 8 or more batters. Now the Mariners bats woke up as they pounded out 12 hits and hit 3 homeruns. Jesus Montero hit one of the longest HRs of the year which was measured at 441 ft WOW! Now Rick Ankiel had the only run for the Astros as he hit his 5th HR of the year. Basically, tonight was a great night! I did some sharking, met, chatted, and got a baseball from Gio Gonzalez, met 2 other Mariners fans in DC, met a Boston Marathon runner, watched my first Nats game, and finally rewatched Felix win his 100th game as a Mariner and for his career. I hope that Mariners fans get to watch #200 and 300 very soon and a World Series ring for Felix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

About Me
Im a huge Seattle sports nut. Thats basically about me. But im an upcoming blogger who writes only about the Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, and when they come back the Sonics. Now if you would like me to write about something tweet me and i will write it. Now i should mark that im also Irish and have a beard that is feared above Brian Wilson's beard. His beard can kiss my beard's ass!